以下是小编精心整理的办公室英语闲聊同事对话(共含5篇),供大家阅读参考。同时,但愿您也能像本文投稿人“caicai978”一样,积极向本站投稿分享好文章。
SCENE B 戴夫由上方探头,进吉娜的隔间
Zina: Do you want to know what really 1) motivates Vince to be nice to me?
吉娜: 你要知道文斯对我好的动机何在吗?
Dave: OK. What?
戴夫: 好啊。是什么?
Zina: It isn't 2) gratitude. It's fear. Vince is afraid I'll 3) jump to a 4) competitor.
吉娜: 那不是感激。是恐惧。文斯怕我会跳出去帮竞争对手。
Dave: You wouldn't do that. Would you?
戴夫: 你不会这么做,对吧?
Zina: I might. Vince knows he needs to keep me happy.
吉娜: 我或许会喔。文斯知道他得让我保持快乐。
Dave: What about your 5) accounts?
戴夫: 那你的客户呢?
-----------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Man, that guy was a really good boxer.
天啊,那家伙真是个好拳手。
B: You fought a good fight. But your next competitor will be even tougher.
你打了场好拳。但是你的下个对手将会更强。
【nice to me 对我好】
nice to 后面接“人”时,表示“友善、随和”的意思,例如:
Grandma was nice to me when I visited her.
我去探望祖母时她对我很友善。
We should all be nice to the new-comer.
我们应该对那位新来的人客气些。
【I might. 我可能会】
在英文中谈论可能的情态助动词(modals)有好几个,包括might, could, may, must。大致上,might表示的可能是最低,而must最高。
Tina might be sick.(少于50%可能)
Tina could be sick.(约50%可能)
Tina may be sick. (约50%可能)
Tina must be sick. (约90%可能)
1) motivate (v.) 给……动机
2) gratitude (n.) 感激
3) jump to... 换(公司),尤指违反合约的情况。
4) competitor (n.)竞争者
5) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户。
SCENE A 戴夫由上方探头,进吉娜的隔间
Dave: Hey, Zina. You shouldn't act so tough with Vince. 1) What if he's your rhumba boy?
戴夫: 嘿,吉娜。你不该故意对文斯那么凶巴巴的。万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?
Zina: Please. He's only nice to me because I'm making him a ton of money.
吉娜: 拜托喔。他对我好只是因为我在帮他赚大钱。
Dave: He was definitely happy. You must be making a lot of sales.
戴夫: 他真是高兴得很。你一定做成了很多买卖。
Zina: It isn't hard. All the 2) online businesses need a way to 3) keep track of the 4) traffic to their 5) sites.
吉娜: 这不难。所有的线上商务都需要设法掌握他们网站的流量。
Dave: That's InfoKing. Tracks every visitor. Or at least it will, if we can get it to work.
戴夫: 这就是资讯王。掌握每一位访客。或者至少以后会是这样,若我们能让做出来的东西管用。
-----------------------------------------
语言详解
A: I can't get online.
我连不上线。
B: There must be too many other people using the Internet.
一定是有太多人上网了。
【act tough with... 故作强硬】
tough 这个字,指的是“强悍的”,若要说“对……很强悍、强硬”就是be tough with...,对话中用了act这个字,act tough with听来的感觉倾向于“故意装得很强硬”。
A: I'm so angry. I could hit you in the face.
我好生气。我真想揍你的脸。
B: Don't you act so tough with me. I know you couldn't hurt a fly.
你别跟我故作强硬。我知道你连只苍蝇都舍不得杀。
【get it to work 让它运作】
get...to work这个句型,若是用在事物身上,是指“让……能够运作”,可能是指草创的新东西,或是某个窒碍难行的制度,也可以单纯指东西坏了:
A: My car broke down again.
我的车又坏了。
B: I bet I can get it to work. Where is it?
我打赌能让它上路。车子在哪里?
1) what if... 万一,要是……
2) online (a.) 连上电脑网路的,线上的
3) keep track of... 随时掌握……
4) traffic (n.) 此指“网站的流量”
5) site (n.)“网站”,即website
SCENE B 加州的资讯王办公室
Zina: Who has been here already this morning?
吉娜: 今天有谁一早就在这里了?
Dave: Well, Vince dropped off some sales reports for you. Said you signed a big deal with Home.
戴夫: 呃,文斯丢了一些销售报告给你。说你签下了Home这个大客户。
Zina: They're 1) small fry. Tonight I'm going to LA to 2) negotiate with Stars. That'll be big.
吉娜: 小菜一碟。我今晚要飞去洛杉矶跟Stars协商。那可大了。
Dave: You're right. All the 3) entertainment web sites follow Stars.
戴夫: 没错。所有的娱乐网站都以Stars马首是瞻。
Zina: Who else has been here?
吉娜: 还有谁到过这里来?
Dave: Elvin stopped by to see me.
戴夫: 艾文顺道过来找了我一会儿。
Zina: Elvin? Which one is he?
吉娜: 艾文?他是哪一个啊?
------------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: Did you sign a contract before agreeing to work for him?
在你同意为他工作前先签合约了吗?
B: He told me we would do it later.
他说那个晚点儿 再签。
【stop by 顺道拜访】
stop by是指你在要去一个地方的途中,因为顺路而到某人家拜访:
A:I was going to the store and thought I would stop by.
我正要去店里,就想可以顺道过来。
B:I'm so glad you did!
我真高兴你来了!
stop by也可以用来表达“稍作停留,不会久留”的意思:
A: I just stopped by to see if you needed anything.
我只是过来看一下你是否需要什么。
B: I need some more cough medicine.
我还需要多一些咳嗽药。
1) small fry 微不足道的事
2) negotiate (v.) 协商,协调
3) entertainment (n.) 娱乐
He was packed off there 他被调到那里
Have you heard that we will have reorganization?
你有没有听说我们要改组?
No, really?
没有,真的吗?
Yes, flexible, aggressive and creative people are urgently needed in the marketing department.
是的,灵活,有进取心和有创造性的人是市场部急需的。
Who will be there?
谁会去那里?
James is going to be packed off there.
詹姆斯即将调到那里。
That is good. He can leave you alone this time.
太好了。这次他不能打扰你了。
A picnic 野餐
Did you sign up for the picnic party?
你报名参加野餐派对吗?
Yes, of course. I love the picnic party. It’s really family fun time.
是的,当然参加。我喜欢野餐派对。这是享受天伦之乐的好时机。
This time you can bring your daughter with you.
这次你可以带你女儿一起去了。
Right, she is so excited and simply can’t wait.
是的,她太兴奋了,实在等不及了。
There are times of games planned, should have a grand time.
有很多次游戏比赛,应该会有一个美好时光。
SCENE A 艾文跟玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面
Elvin: How did it go in LA?
艾文: 去洛城那一趟有进展吗?
Mary: We signed up Stars.com, and we also got the Magic Studios web site.
玛莉: 我们签下了Stars.com,也拿下了“魔奇坊”的网站。
Elvin: Wow! That's good news. Way to go!
艾文: 哇!那是好消息。真有一套!
Mary: I didn't do anything.
玛莉: 我啥也没做。
Elvin: What are you talking about? Those two 1) accounts are huge!
艾文: 你在说什么?那两个都是天大的客户!
Mary: Zina made me stay in the hotel. Said I had a loser's 2) attitude.
玛莉: 吉娜要我留在旅馆里。说什么我有输家的态度
-------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: I hate doing homework.
我恨死了做家庭作业。
B: You have a bad attitude.
你这种态度不好喔。
【Way to go! 有一套喔!】
Way to go! 这句简短好学的话,跟路可没有什么关系。Way to go! 这句话,是用来表达你的支持与鼓励,好比有人表现得很不错,你就可以送上Way to go! “有一套喔!”这句话给他。
A: I got an 'A' on my exam!
我的考试得了A。
B: Way to go! I knew you could do it.
有一套喔!我就知道你可以的。
当然,一句话到底是褒是贬,要看当时的情境而定,Way to go!也可以用来讽刺损人。
A: Ouch! I think I just broke my toe.
噢!我踢断大脚趾了。
B: Way to go, *clumsy. Now I guess I have to take you to the hospital.
真有你的,冒失鬼。这会儿我得带你去医院了。
*clumsy (n.) 笨手笨脚的人
1) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户
2) attitude (n.) 态度