以下是小编为大家准备的办公室同事交流英语对话(共含7篇),欢迎大家前来参阅。同时,但愿您也能像本文投稿人“周瑜烧烤中”一样,积极向本站投稿分享好文章。
Long way to go 路途遥远
Let’s call it a day.
我们收工吧。
It’s nice to go home earlier once in a while. But it’s the evening rush.
偶尔早点下班回家真好。但是现在是晚上下班高峰时间。
It’s hard to commute a long way.
通勤一段上路很难。
Sure it is. I really hate to get caught in a traffic jam.
的确是这样。我真的很讨厌遇上交通堵塞。
Do my best 尽我最大努力
Is the view going to be ok?
视图没问题吧?
Don’t worry, you did a good job and it should be fine.
别担心,你干得不错,应该没问题。
I’ll do my best.
我会尽我最大努力。
That’s the way to go.
就该这样。
Don’t forget this time 这次不要忘了
Did you remember to bring back that software I lent to you?
你有没有记得把我借给你的那个软件带回来?
Oh, I’m sorry. It completely slipped my mind.
噢,很抱歉。我完全忘了。
That’s ok. If you could just bring it in tomorrow, I would appreciate it.
没关系。如果你明天能带过来,我会很感激的。
Definitely, I’m really sorry.
一定,真的很抱歉。
You definitely deserve it 这是你应得的
I was really glad to hear about your award, congratulations!
听到你得奖了,我真的很高兴,恭喜你!
Thanks. Actually, I was really surprised. I mean there were a lot of qualified people out there.
谢谢。实际上,我真的感到很惊讶。我是指那里有很多有资格的人。
You’ve been working there for so long with so much sacrifice. You definitely deserve it.
你已经在那里工作这么久了,牺牲了这么多。这是你应得的。
Thanks a lot. I expect to see your name nominated pretty soon too. You’ve been doing some great work.
非常感谢。我期盼你很快也能被提名。你也干了很多漂亮的工作。
1. Ah,isn’t it as large as a house? 哇!这不是同房一般大?
2. Do you mind taking us now to the engine room? 是否介意现在就带我去机舱。
3. I’d like to very much , but now I’m a bit too busy.我很想,但我此时太忙。
4. Sorry to have kept you waiting. 对不起,让你久等了.
5. You’ve just come in time. 你来得正好。
6. What’s the matter with you? 你怎么啦! I’m not good at drinking. 我喝酒不行。
7. It’s no good smoking. 抽烟不好。
8. I find it easy to get rid of it. 我发现戒掉它不难。
9. Don’t stand on ceremony. 不要拘束(客气)
10. Make yourself at home. 请随便些。
11. Help yourself to whatever you like. 想吃什么就自己来拿。
SCENE A 艾文跟玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡机前碰面
Elvin: How did it go in LA?
艾文: 去洛城那一趟有进展吗?
Mary: We signed up Stars.com, and we also got the Magic Studios web site.
玛莉: 我们签下了Stars.com,也拿下了“魔奇坊”的网站。
Elvin: Wow! That's good news. Way to go!
艾文: 哇!那是好消息。真有一套!
Mary: I didn't do anything.
玛莉: 我啥也没做。
Elvin: What are you talking about? Those two 1) accounts are huge!
艾文: 你在说什么?那两个都是天大的客户!
Mary: Zina made me stay in the hotel. Said I had a loser's 2) attitude.
玛莉: 吉娜要我留在旅馆里。说什么我有输家的态度
-------------------------------------------------
语言详解
A: I hate doing homework.
我恨死了做家庭作业。
B: You have a bad attitude.
你这种态度不好喔。
【Way to go! 有一套喔!】
Way to go! 这句简短好学的话,跟路可没有什么关系。Way to go! 这句话,是用来表达你的支持与鼓励,好比有人表现得很不错,你就可以送上Way to go! “有一套喔!”这句话给他。
A: I got an 'A' on my exam!
我的考试得了A。
B: Way to go! I knew you could do it.
有一套喔!我就知道你可以的。
当然,一句话到底是褒是贬,要看当时的情境而定,Way to go!也可以用来讽刺损人。
A: Ouch! I think I just broke my toe.
噢!我踢断大脚趾了。
B: Way to go, *clumsy. Now I guess I have to take you to the hospital.
真有你的,冒失鬼。这会儿我得带你去医院了。
*clumsy (n.) 笨手笨脚的人
1) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户
2) attitude (n.) 态度
Getting to know your colleague 认识你的同事
M: Morning, Lucy. Here I am.
Lucy,早上好。我到了。
L: Hi, Monica, how are you doing today?
Monica,你好,你今天觉得怎样?
M: Can’t be better! Thank you.
再好不过了!谢谢你。
L: Your supervisor, Mr. White was out on a business trip. Lets me first introduce you to your colleague, Francis, he is in the next door.
你的上司,怀特先生去外面出差了。首先让我把你介绍给同事们。Francis,他在你隔壁。
M: Ok.
好的。
L: Good morning, Francis, please allow me to introduce Monica to you. She is new in finance department.
Francis,早上好,请允许我把Monica介绍个你。她是财务部的新同事。
F: Hello, Monica. Nice to meet you!
Monica,你好。很高心认识你!
M: Nice to meet you too, Francis.
Francis,很高兴认识你。
L: Monica, Francis will talk with you about your job.
Monica,Francis会跟你说说工作的事。
知识点讲解:
1.L: Hi, Monica, how are you doing today?
早,Monica,今天感觉怎样?
How are you doing?
你好吗?
英语中常见的打招呼用语,如:
-How are you doing?
-I'm doing good.
Doing在这里不是“做什么”的意思,good 这个形容词也被当作副词用,美国人平常就这么说,相当于熟人见面时说:“你怎么样?”“挺好的。”
类似的问好方式还有:
-How's everything going?
-Howdy!
-What's up?
几句话都相当于“你怎么样?”“你好吗?”但如果细究,第一句似问对方最近一切是否顺利;第二句据说是从How do ye?这句19世纪初的问候语简化而来;而第三句则侧重问对方那里有没有新闻,但实际就是打招呼。
2.L: Your supervisor, Mr. White was out on a business trip.
你的上司,怀特先生出差去了。
supervisor 主管人,导师
如:The supervisor always start his new employee on the lobster shift.
领导总是让刚开始工作的新职员值夜班。
As her immediate supervisor for the last two years, I can state that she is a very good secretary.
作为她二年来的直接领导,我可以说她是一位优秀的秘书。
Bootlicker 拍马屁
I am really tired of Terry.
我真的觉得Terry很令人厌烦。
Oh, but I suppose he has lots of talents.
噢,但是我觉得他多才多艺。
He is a bootlicker. I suppose that is because he is quick on the uptake.
他是一个马屁精。我想是因为他的理解能力很强。
Talk big 吹牛
Fixing computer isn’t my cup of tea. You can leave this job to Jason.
修电脑不是我喜欢的事。你可以叫Jason来修。
Yeah, he has a good commend of computer skills. But….
是的,他有很好的电脑技术。但是…
But what?
但是什么?
But he is always talking big.
但是他老是吹牛。
SCENE B 艾文与玛莉在意式浓缩咖啡前出现
Elvin: She is, like, 1) mega-intense, isn't she?
艾文: 她整个人热力四射,对吧?
Mary: Ha, she is unstoppable. I'm learning so much from her.
玛莉: 没有事情能挡得住她。我跟她学了好多。
Elvin: What's it like to work with her?
艾文: 跟她共事是啥感觉?
Mary: She's 2) demanding. But I like that. I mean, I know our timeline is tight.
玛莉: 她的要求很高。但我喜欢那样。我是说,我知道我们的时间很紧。
Elvin: Tell me about it.
艾文: 这还用说。
Mary: You guys are working around the clock, I know. That guy Dave next to Zina never leaves.
玛莉: 我知道你们都在二十四小时赶工。那个坐在吉娜隔壁叫戴夫的人从没离开过。
Elvin: Vince wants us to have everything 3) debugged and ready to go by the end of the month.
艾文: 文斯要我们把程序错误全部修正,准备在月底前上线。
语言详解
A: Your mother is so demanding!
你妈妈的要求真高!
B: That's what my dad always says.
我爸爸也总是这么说。
【around the clock 日以继夜】
由clock 组成的成语除了around the clock 之外,另有一个against the clock“赶时间”。
A: Frank, why does your factory have to work around the clock this month?
佛兰克,为什么你们工厂这个月要日以继夜地赶货?
B: Well, we have got quite a lot of orders for shipment this quarter.
我们最近收到相当多订单,都要这一季出货。
A: In other words, you are all working against the clock now.
换句话说,你们现在全都在赶时间。
B: You're right.
你说对了。
1) mega-intense intense是指“紧张的、一触即发的”,字首(prefix) mega是“非常,相当多”的意思,亦指 “百万的”,如 megabyte“百万位元组”。
2) demanding (a.) 要求很高的
3) debug (v.) (电脑)除虫,指修正电脑程序中的错误。