下面是小编为大家整理的奥运英语情景对话:谈论奥运会旗(共含9篇),欢迎大家借鉴与参考,希望对大家有所帮助。同时,但愿您也能像本文投稿人“陈峥宇”一样,积极向本站投稿分享好文章。
奥运英语情景对话:谈论奥运会旗
在第七届安特卫普奥运会上,象征五大洲团结和奥林匹克精神的五环交错会旗,在开幕式上首次升起,并首次举行运动员宣誓仪式,为奥运会正规化开创先例。从此,奥林匹克运动更具吸引力,有更多的城市争办奥运会。Dialogue
A:Talking of the Olympic Flag, what do you know about it?
说起了奥运会会旗,你们对它了解多少呀?
B:There will be a handing-over and taking-over ceremony in each closing ceremony of the Olympic Games. The mayor of the host city will give the flag to president of the IOC, and president will hand it to the mayor of the next host city.
每届奥运会的`闭幕式上都有会旗的交接仪式,由奥运会主办城市市长将会旗交给国际奥委会主席,主席再将旗递交下届主办城市的市长。
C:But the flag raised at the opening ceremony of the Olympics is only a substitute. The host city treasures it after it receives the flag.
但在奥运会开幕式上升起的那面旗只是一面代用品,主办城市接旗后都把它珍藏起来了。
A:The flag was officially used on June 15, 1914. It was first raised at the celebration congress of the 20th anniversary restoration of the Olympics movement in Paris. Unfortunately, this Olympic flag was burned in the flames of WWI.
会旗正式使用是196月15日,在巴黎为庆祝现代奥林匹克运动恢复20周年纪念大会上第一次升起。不幸的是,这面会旗毁灭在第一次世界大战的战火中。
B:Then where does the flag we use now come from?
那我们现在用的那面会旗是从哪里来的呢?
A:The flag we use now was made by the Belgian Olympic Committee in 1920 when the Games were held in Antwerp. It was given to the International Olympic Committee as a gift, which has been used since then.
现在使用的会旗是19在比利时安特卫普举行奥运会时,比利时奥委会制作时,并且把它赠给了国际奥委会,一直沿用到现在。
B:It was passed down one games after another it became an “Heirloom”.
这样一届一届传下去,就成了“传家宝”了。
奥运英语情景对话:Welcome
7月13日,国际奥委会主席萨马兰奇宣布,奥运会将在北京举办。从那一刻开始,北京进入了紧张的奥运筹备阶段。经过近6年努力,现在的紫禁城的面貌焕然一新,让我们共同迎接20奥运的到来。Dialogue:
A:Changan Avenue is getting more and more beautiful.
长安街变得越来越漂亮了。
B:People are still bathing in the afterglow of its selection as the 2008 Olympic Games.
人们仍然沉浸在成功申办2008年奥运会的`喜悦中。
A:Yeah, Samaranch has declared that the games of the 29th Olympics in 2008 are awarded to the city of Beijing.
是的,萨马兰奇已经宣布2008年第29届奥运会将在北京举行。
B:Eight years ago, Chinese felt so rejected. This time we really reached out for approval.
8年前,中国人被拒之门外,这次我们确实为得到支持作出了巨大努力。
A:Beijing has turned its attention to the massive task of preparing for the world's biggest sports extravaganza.
北京已经将注意力转到为世界上最大的体育盛会作准备的浩大的工程上去了。
B:Let's strive for it.
开始奋斗吧!
奥运英语情景对话:新北京新奥运
“新北京、新奥运”是北京申奥的口号,英文为“New Beijing, Great Olympics”。其中的“新”包含3色奥运的意思。请看下面的情景对话来更好地理解其意义。Dialogue
A:Let's talk about Beijing bidding for 2008 Olympic Games.
我们谈谈北京申办2008年的奥运会吧。
B:Okay.
好的。
A:Bidding for the Olympics is, in a way, a image-creating undertaking.
申办奥运在某种程度上是一个创造形象的重任。
B:Yes. I agree with you. Beijing must attract others by it unique image.
是的,我同意你。北京必须用自己独特的'形象吸引人。
A:So Beijing gives their theme: New Beijing, Great Olympics.
因此北京提出的主题是:新北京、新奥运。
B:In my opinion, the 2008 Olympics will be a great green Olympics illuminated with two more special colors, yellow and red.
我认为2008年奥运会将会是一届伟大的绿色奥运会,与之相对的另外两种颜色是黄色和红色。
A:Why do we call it like this?
为什么我们这样称呼它?
B:Because the city's green area will make up 40% of its total till 2008.
因为到了2008年,这个城市的绿化面积将占城市总面积的40%.
A:I heard that along the Fourth Ring Road 12.5 million trees and over I million acres of grass will be planted.
我听说沿四环路将种上1,2亿棵树和1百万亩面积的草。
B:Yeah, a green Beijing will be achieved.
是的,绿色的北京,一定能实现。
A:And yellow Olympics?
那黄色奥运呢?
B:We are all the yellow race and descendants of the Yellow Emperor. Therefore, yellow will naturally add splendor to the 2008 Olympics.
我们是黄种人,是炎黄子孙。因此,黄色自然会为2008年奥运会增添光彩。
A:Then red Olympics?
红色奥运呢?
B:Red is the color of double happiness, representing joy, auspiciousness, enthusiasm and prosperity.
红色是幸福双至的颜色,它象征着快乐,吉祥,热情和繁荣。
A:In your mind, by 2008, Beijing will be a sea of red.
奥运英语情景对话:中国奥运战绩
新中国成立后的1952年,中国参加了在芬兰赫尔辛基举行的第15届奥运会。随着国力的增强和经济的腾飞,中国的奥运水平不断提高,在第28届雅典奥运会上,中国奥运代表团以32枚金牌、17枚银牌和14枚铜牌的成绩第一次获得奖牌榜亚名的`位置。我们祝愿中国奥运代表团在北京奥运会上再创佳绩!Dialogue
A: Do you still remember the 9th Olympic Games?
A: 你还记得第九届奥运会吗?
B: Sure! It's in Amsterdam, Holland in 1928.
B: 当然记得!是1928年在荷兰的阿姆斯特丹举行的。
A: Good memory!
A: 好记性!
B: Shooting athlete Xu Haifeng won the first gold medal in this game.
B: 在这次运动会上射击选手许海峰为中国赢得了第一枚奥运金牌。
A: A hero! And then?
A: 他是一位英雄,接着呢?
B: Li Ning won 3 gold medals alone.
B: 李宁独得了3枚金牌。
A: How much gold medals did China win in that Games?
A: 在那次运动会上中国总共获得多少金牌?
B: 15 gold medals.
B: 15枚。
奥运英语情景对话:08北京绿色奥运
十几年前,北京仅以2票这差惜败于悉尼(sydney),一条重要的原因就是环保,悉尼正是打出“环保牌”才最终赢得了奥运会的主办权。在悉尼奥运会赛场上我们可以看到绿草茵茵。我们在惋惜自己失败的'同时,更应该吸取悉尼成功的经验。环境保护不仅是我们申奥、举办奥运会的口号,更是造福于中国人民的千秋大业。绿色奥运(the Green Olympics)是我们应该铭记的目标。Dialogue:
A:Do you know what the main feature the Sydney Olympics is, John?
你知道悉尼奥运会还有一个什么特点吗?
B:Of course, I know.
我当然知道。
A:What?
什么特点?
B:Environmental protection.
环保啊!
A:Do you know when IOC put forward the issue of environmental protection?
你知道国际奥委会在哪一年提出环保课题的吗?
B:Sorry, I have no idea about it.
抱歉,这我还真不知道。
A:Let me tell you. In 1991. At that time, Sydney put forward the slogan “environmental protection”, thus, it won the bid.
让我来告诉你,那是1991年。当时,悉尼正是打出“环保牌”才赢得申办权。
B:What a nice memory! Oh, I know that Beijing and Sydney bid for the Olympic Games together.
好记性!噢,我知道那时北京和悉尼一起参加申奥。
A:Yeah, Sydney had five strate-gies: save energy, save water, reduce trash, prevent pollution, and protect the environmnet. They tried to host a “Green Olympics”.
不错,悉尼有五大战略,即:节能、节水、减少垃圾、防止污染与保护环境。他们要办一届“绿色奥运”。
B:They have racked their brain.
他们可谓绞尽脑汁。
A:Yes. Even the torch and fuel are produced by using environmental protection techniques and materials.
是的。就连火炬和燃料都采用环保技术与材料制成。
B:Even so, there was still much pity left. The Green and Peace Organization called it at most a half green.
即使如此,还留下了不少遗憾。绿色和平组织,称其最多是半绿色。
A:That's been quite good. It's the beginning after all. I'm sure that it will be better and better.
已经很不错了,毕竟是刚刚开始嘛。我相信以后会越来越好。
谈论商务礼仪的英语情景对话
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他散会后跟同事Amy一起往外走。
(Office ambience)
A:CH, What happened to you during your presentation?
C:你注意到什么了吗?
A:You were doing a great job. You obviously had done extensive research. You had good materials. You were completely confident until half-way through.
C:这么说你能看出我后半截很不自在?
A:Yes. You suddenly became unsure of your self.
C:唉,都是因为Mr. Stone, 上个月从纽约来的副总。
A:What about him?
C:他根本没看我,一直在看其他文件。
A:Did you try to ignore that?
C:我也试着不去管他,可注意力就是集中不起来,
A:Did Mr. Stone do anything else?
C:他还在椅子上转来转去,不断看窗外。
A:He's the key decision maker these days.
C:是啊,现在公司一切都是他说了算,更糟糕的`是,他刚刚让秘书通知我,要找我谈话。
A:Try not to let this upset you too much until you meet with him. Let me know what happens, will you?
******
陈豪下午去找Amy。
A:How did things go with Mr. Stone?
C:完全是虚惊一场。Mr. Stone还表扬我,说我工作很有成绩。
A:That's great.
C:看他早上开会时的表现,难道我的担心是多余的吗?
A:You were reading his body language this morning and he clearly wasn't sending a positive message.
C:Body language? 肢体语言?
谈论工作
Jane, the meeting is scheduled from l : 00 this afternoon. Have you made the necessary arrangements':
简,我们计划在下午1点钟开会,你都安排好了吗?
Yes.Mr. Miller. We'll use the conference room on the third floorfor the meeting.
安排好了,米勒先生。我们将使用三楼的会议室开会。
That's right. The meeting is very important.
很好,这个会议很重要。
Where shall the guests be received before the meeting begins'?
开会前我们在哪里接待来宾?
In the dining room. lt's spacious there.
在餐厅吧,那里比较宽敞。
We'II have several foreign guests to attend the meeting.
我们还会有几位外宾来参加会议
l've arranged for an interpreter to be present. But it is said these foreigners could speak English.
我已经安排一位口译员,不过我听说这些外宾都会讲英语
Really'? l'll also try to speak slowly. How would you arrange the guests' seats . Jane':
是吗?不过,我还是会讲慢一点,你怎么安排来宾就座呢,简?
We've prepared name cards to be put on the COnterenCe table forguests to sit by. What time would you like refreshments served.
我们已经准备了姓名卡片放在会议桌上,让来宾按此就座。您希望在什么时候供应点心,米勒先生?
there will be an interval for rest and refreshments.
哦,就在我做完报告后的休息时间供应点心吧
ok.
好的,我明白了
奥运志愿者英语培训教程-谈论工作
第四课:谈论工作 Talking about Work
01. A: What do you do for a living?
你是干哪一行的?
B: I'm a teacher.
我是一名老师。
02. A: Do you enjoy your work?
你喜欢你的`工作吗?
B: Yes, it's interesting and challenging. I meet a lot of different people.
是的,很有趣,也很有挑战性。我经常跟不同的人打交道。
奥运志愿者英语培训教程-谈论食物
第八课:谈论食物/Talking about Food
01. A: I'd like to invite you to dinner.
我想邀您一起共进晚餐。
B: Thank you, I'd love to come.
谢谢,我很乐意。
02. A: Do you like Chinese food?
你喜欢中国菜吗?
B: Sure, I'm crazy about it!
当然,我非常喜欢!
03. A: Would you mind if I order?
我来点菜你介意吗?
B: No, go ahead. I trust you!
不介意,点吧。我相信你!
04. A: What would you like to drink?
你想喝点什么?
B: Tea is fine.
喝茶好了。
05. A: What would you like to eat? Have you tried any special foods in Beijing?
想吃点什么?你尝过北京的.特色小吃吗?
B: No, I haven't. What do you suggest?
没有。你有什么可以推荐的?
06. A: What's Beijing famous for?
北京什么最有名?
B: Beijing is known for its Roast Duck!
数北京烤鸭最出名。
07. A: Do you like it?
你爱吃吗?
B: Yes! It tastes great!
爱吃!味道好极了!
08. A: I hope you like the food.
希望你喜欢这些食物。
B: It is delicious!
非常好吃!
09. A: Please try this.
请尝尝这道菜。
B: Thank you. Just a little, please.
谢谢,一点儿就行。
10. A: Help yourself.
别客气。
B: OK, thanks.
好的,谢谢。
11. A: Let's have a toast to our guests. Cheers!
来!为我们的贵客干杯!
B: Cheers!
干!
★ 奥运英语?清道夫
★ 奥运英语?网球
★ 奥运中考英语作文
★ 奥运的英语演讲稿
★ 奥运诗歌
★ 奥运口号
★ 奥运作文